Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Hunger Games Party - Decorations!


I love throwing parties for my friends and this past May, it was my birthday month, so I essentially threw my own b-day party...but with the awesome Hunger Games theme! I'm going to try and get all the HG posts up this week so you can see just how I set the whole thing up.

Today, I'm going to start with the decorations. It was very simple. I didn't feel the need to go all crazy. I essentially found funny Hunger Games-related pictures online, printed them off, and then taped them to red cardboard (red for the girl on fire of course). After that, I just spread them around my living room and voila! Simple decorations that can easily entertain the guests.

You Know You're Obessed with the Hunger Games... poster (found these online)



Voldemort approves of President Snow...

I have about six or seven more of these type of things, but I don't want to overcrowd the post with similar things. You get the idea. If you want the links to where I got these, I think I still have them, so just let me know!

Now, some other decoration ideas...I looked up songs that people felt fit the books (that weren't on the actual movie soundtrack) and made a list of two playlists that I taped to my stereo. One is songs that fit the series in general and the other is a fire-themed playlist.



Next, if you've read all the HG books then you know that Katniss and Peeta put together what I call a scrapbook, but it's a mix of information about friends and things they want to have on hand. So I got a small red scrapbook and put out some supplies for a Katniss and Peeta's Scrapbook Station. Nobody used it, but it was still kind of cute. If you have a party with just girls, I think it might go over better...have everyone work on pages and then add your party pics later. That was my plan but I guess I'll just do the scrapbook on my own! haha



Finally, I had a fire pit for when it got dark out so we could roast some s'mores. I went with the idea of a Girl on Fire (pit) just to be a bit quirky. I even had "Roast President Snow" for the s'more making, but I never got a picture of that sign. My bad!


There you have it...my simple, yet fun, Hunger Games decorations. Keep watching the blog this week for the food (I went crazy on this!) and the games/prizes! I'll even share a picture of me as Primrose Everdeen!

No comments: